Saturday 1st October – Saturday 8th October 2022
This October, let’s raise breast cancer awareness together…
We are thrilled to let you know about upcoming plans for ‘Leigh in Pink’, as we return (excusing Covid) for the 4th year running! The event is being held in the first week of Breast Cancer Awareness month. We are appealing to local businesses and retailers to help raise breast cancer awareness in the area and support your local charity, Lady McAdden – simply by dressing your windows pink and sharing our awareness materials with your customers.
Who are Lady McAdden?
Lady McAdden provide advice, awareness and education for the early detection of Breast Cancer. PLUS we are the only charity in the UK that offers one to one Breast Awareness sessions with a Nurse and are based in Leigh. We want to remind people that we are here!
We are not government or NHS funded and rely on donations and fundraising to keep our service going.
What are we asking of you?
- Decorate your window to a Pink or Breast Cancer theme from Saturday 1st to Saturday 8th October 2022
- Pop one of our leaflets in your customers bags or display them on your counter
- Host a collection pot for us for the week
- Ask for one of our Pink Bra Bins to collect pre loved bras. We re-sell the bras collected to raise money. These will be allocated on a first come basis (and will also be available after the event).
- Promote the event on your social media using #LeighinPink and share our social media
- Consider further fundraising activities – previously, shops have also held a raffle, competition, prize draw, bake sales or even donated a percentage of sales from a product
- Let us know you are involved so we can share your window pictures or fundraising
We are grateful for any help and will work with you if you have any ideas to put forward to help us further.
What else will be on during the week?
- We will be holding FREE talks in Leigh Community Centre on how to self-examine on the 8th October
- We are working with Ondie Woods to offer FREE Breast Cancer rehab exercise classes on the 8th October
- Nurse Breast Awareness appointments available at Coco Boo Lingerie, Leigh on Sea on the 4th October
If you would like to get involved please register your interest and let us also know if you would like a collection pot or bra bin. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 343288.
We really appreciate your ongoing help and are thankful to Mayflower PLC and 4Sale Ltd Estate Agents for their sponsorship of Leigh in Pink.